1. To achieve excellence in research and promote interdisciplinary and multidisciplinary research in viral infections in respiratory tract.
2. To facilitate academic exchanges among researchers and students at CUHK and UMC Utrecht through strategic alliances with key research collaborators, strengthening the Parties’ presence and visibility in the international community.
3. To nurture students’ interest and professional knowledge in the study of respiratory infections and human respiratory immunity from an interdisciplinary perspective.
4. To conduct cutting edge, basic and translational research that will foster exchange of ideas and dissemination of research findings and research tools’ developments in understanding the immunological and pathophysiological aspects of respiratory virus infection.
5. To lay a foundation for the development of a physiological drug screening and testing platform for the discovery of new therapeutic options.