Professor Chan Wai Yee
Professor Chan Wai Yee
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Books and Monographs:
1. Chan WY and Blomberg LA. (Editors) Methods in Molecular Biology, Humana Press, 2011.
Chapter in Book:
1. Pang ALY, Martin MM, Martin A, Chan WY. Chapter 22: Molecular basis of diseases of the endocrine system. In: Molecular Pathology: The Molecular Basis of Human Disease. Coleman WB and Tsongalis GJ, Eds, Elsevier-Academic Press, New York, pp. 435-464, 2009.
2. Pang ALY, Chan WY. Molecular basis of diseases of the endocrine system. In: Essential Concepts in Molecular Pathology. Coleman WB and Tsongalis GJ, Eds., Elsevier-Academic Press, New York, pp.289-308, 2010.
3. Lee TL, Cheung AHH, Rennert OM, Chan WY. RNA expression in germ cell (Germ cell transcriptome). In: Sperm Chromatin: Biological and Clinical Application in Male Infertility and Assisted Reproduction. Zini A and Agarwal A., Eds, Springer Press, 1st Edition, pp. 108-121, 2011.
4. Lee TL, Cheung HH, Rennert OM, Chan WY.Revealing transcriptome landscape of mouse spermatogonial cells by tiling microarray. In: Methods in Molecular Biology. Chan WY, Blomberg LA, Eds. Humana Press, 2011 (in press).
5. Cheung HH, Lee TL, Rennert OM, and Chan WY. Methylation profiling using Methylated DNA Immunoprecipitation and tiling array hybridization. In: Methods in Molecular Biology. Chan WY, Blomberg LA, Eds. Humana Press, 2011 (in press).
1. Kokkinaki M, Lee TL, He Zuping, Jang J, Golestaneh N, Hofmann MC, Chan WY, Dym M. The molecular signature of spermatogonial stem cells in the 6-day-old mouse testis. Biol Reprod, 80: 707- 717, 2009.
2. Brown JD, Dutta S, Bharti K, Bonner R, Munson PJ|, Dawid IB, Akhtar AL, Onojafe IF, Alur RP, Gross JM, Hejtmancik JF, Jiao X, Chan WY, Brooks BP. Expression profiling during ocular development identifies two Nlz genes with a critical role in optic fissure closure. Proc Natl Acad Sci, USA, 106(5):1462-1467, 2009; Epub 2009 Jan 26.
3. Lee TL, Pang ALY, Rennert OM, Chan WY. Genomic landscape of developing male germ cells. Birth Defect Res ( Part C), 87(1):43-63, 2009.
4. Pang ALY, Peacock S, Johnson W, Bear DH, Rennert OM, Chan WY. Cloning, Characterization and expression analysis of a novel acetyltransferase retrogene Ard1b in the mouse, Biol Reprod, 81(2): 302 –309 (2009). Epub: February 25, 2009 DOI:10.1095/biolreprod.108.073221.
5. Lee TL, Li YM, Alba D, Vong QP, Wu SM, Baxendale V, Rennert OM, Lau YFC, Chan WY. Developmental staging of male murine embryonic gonads by transcriptome analyses. J Genet Genomic, 36:215-227, 2009.
6. Cheung HH, Lee TL, Rennert, O.M., and Chan WY. DNA methylation and cancer genome. Birth Defect Res (Part C), 87(4):335-350, 2009.
7. Chan WY, Lam STS, Wu BL. An everlasting role of genetics and genomics in public health: a meeting report of ACGA-HKSMG International Conference on Genetic and Genomic Medicine. J Genet Genomics, 36:189-190, 2009.
8. Lee TL, Chan WY, Rennert OM. Assessing the safety of nanomaterials by genomic approach could be another alternative. ACS Nano, 3(12):3830, 2009.
9. Lee TL, Li Y, Cheung HH, Claus J, Singh S, Sastry C, Rennert OM, Lau YFC, Chan WY. GonadSAGE: a comprehensive SAGE database for transcript discovery on male embryonic gonad development. Bioinformatics, 26(4):585-586, 2010. Epub 2009 Dec 21.
10. Cheung HH, Lee TL, Davis AJ, Taft DH, Rennert OM, Chan WY. Genome-wide DNA methylation profiling reveals novel epigenetically regulated genes and non-coding RNAs in human testicular cancer. Brit J Cancer, 102(2):419-427, 2010. Epub 2010 Jan 5.
11. Kokkinaki M, Lee TL, He Z, Jiang J, Golestaneh N, Hofmann MC, Chan WY, Dym M. Age affects gene expression in mouse spermatogonial stem/progenitor cells. Reproduction, 139: 1011-1020, 2010.
12. Nagrani SR, Levens ED, Baxendale V, Boucheron C, Chan WY, Rennert, OM. Methylation patterns of Brahma during spermatogenesis and oogenesis: Potential implications. Fertil Steril, 95(1):382-384, 2011.
13. Cheung H, Davis, AJ, Lee TL, Pang AL, Nagrani S, Rennert OM, Chan WY. Methylation of an intronic region regulates testicular cancer invasiveness via miR-199a. Oncogene, 30(31):3405-3415, doi: 10.1038/onc.2011.
14. Lambertini L, Lee TL, Chan WY, Lee MJ, Diplas A, Wetmur J, Chen J. Differential methylation of imprinted genes in growth-restricted placentas. Reproductive Sciences, 18(11):1111-1117, 2011, PMID:21693779.
15. Lee TL, Raitano JM, Rennert OM, Chan SW, Chan WY. Accessing the genomic effects of naked nanoceria in murine neuronal cells. Nanomedicine, 2011 Sept 1 [Epub ahead of print], PMID: 21889474.
16. Pang AL, Clark J, Chan WY, Rennert OM. Expression of human NAA11 (ARD1B) gene is tissue-specific and is regulated by DNA methylation. Epigenetics, 6(11):1-9, 2011. PMID:22048246.
1. Pang ALY, Fang J, Peacock S, Rennert OM, Chan WY. Characterization and transcriptional regulation of a novel N-Alpha-acetyltransferase subunit retrogene in the mouse testis. XX North Am Testis Workshop Abst Bk, p. 115, 2009.
2. Chan WY, Wu SM, Rennert OM. Pseudogene-derived Antisense Transcripts in Male Germ Cells. 12th SCBA International Symposium, Taipei, Taiwan, June 14-18, 2009 (podium).
3. Chan WY. Drug discovery in the post-genomic era. 12th Scientific Meeting of the Hong Kong Pharmacology Society, Program book, p.13, 2009 (plenary lecture).
4. Chan WY. Transcriptomic analyses of the male germline. The 1st International Conference on Frontiers of Regenerative Medicine and Biomedical Science, Jinan University, Guangzhou, China, May 13-15, 2010.
5. Chan WY. Epigenomic regulation of testicular germ cell tumor. The 2nd China-US Forum on Frontiers of Cancer Research – Cancer Prevention & Therapy. Program Book, p. 12, 2010.
6. Cheung HH, Davis AJ, Lee TL, Pang ALY, Nagrani S, Rennert OM, Chan WY. Intronic methylation, microRNA and testicular germ cell tumor. Am Soc Hum Genet, 60th Ann Meeting Program Book, Abst No. 100, p. 83, 2010 (podium).
7. Gu S, Suen YK, Cheung HH, Chan WY. Identification of the regulatory network of miR-199a-2 in testicular germ cell tumors. Am Soc Hum Genet, 60th Ann Meeting Program Book, Abst No. 599, p. 131, 2010.
8. Chan WY, Cheung HH, Gu S, Rennert OM. Epigenetic regulation of non-coding RNA in health and diseases. 9th Asia Pacific Conference on Human Genetics Program Book, PL1.3, p. 18, 2010 (Plenary Lecture).
9. Lee TL, Xiao A, Rennert OM, Chan WY, 1dentification of novel long non-coding RNA candidates in male germ cell development. Experimental Biology 2011, Abst No. 657, 2011.
10. Pang ALY, Clark J, Chan WY, Rennert OM, The tissue-restricted expression of N-alpha- acetyltransferase catalytic subunit gene Arrest Defective 1B in the mouse and human is regulated by CpG island methylation, Experimental Biology 2011, Abst No. 2697, 2011.
11. Chan WY, Lee TL, Wu SM, Baxenda V, Rennert OM. Genomic landscape of developing male germ cells, 13th SCBA International Symposium, Abst S70-5, p. 315, 2011 (podium).
12. Chan WY, Rennert OM, Cheung HH. Methylation profiling of testicular embryonal carcinomas. 12th International Congress of Human Genetics, Montreal, Canada, October 13, 2011.
13. Cheung HH, Chan WY, Rennert OM. Comprehensively functional studies of miR-199a in testicular germ cell tumors. 12th International Congress of Human Genetics, Montreal, Canada, October 13, 2011.
14. Lee TL, Xiao A, Chan WY, Rennert OM. Identification of Functional Long Non-coding RNAs in Male Germ Cell Development. 12th International Congress of Human Genetics, Montreal, Canada, October 13, 2011.
15. Gu S, Suen YK, Cheung HH, Chan WY. Identification of the regulatory networks of miR-199a-2 in testicular germ cell tumors. 12th International Congress of Human Genetics, Montreal, Canada, October 14, 2011.
16. Chan WY, Leung MYK, Su YA, Rennert OM, Lee TL. Differential effects of two missense mutations of Asp-578 in human luteinizing hormone/chorionic gonadotropin receptor [hLHR]. Hong Kong Society of Endocrinology, Metabolism and Reproduction 2011 Annual Scientific Meeting, Program Book, p.4, 2011 (Symposium Lecture).
17. Luk ACS, Ng SH, Chan WY, Lee TL. Age-dependent regulation of non-coding RNAs in male germ cell development. Experimental Biology 2012, San Diego, CA. April 21-25, 2012.