Professor Li Chi Kong
M.B, BS,MRCP(UK), DCH(London), FHKCPaed, FHKAM(Paed), Diploma in Epidemiology & Applied Statistics (CUHK), FRCPCH(UK), Doctor of Medicine(CUHK)
Professor, Department of Paediatrics
Office : (852) 3505-2849
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. CK Li graduated from the University of Hong Kong in 1981. He completed general paediatric training at Hong Kong and then specialised in paediatric Haematology/oncology/BMT, with further training at John Radcliff Hospital, Oxford, and Great Ormond Street Hospital, London in 1986, and Fred Hutchison Cancer Research Centre, Seattle in 1992. Dr. Li joined PWH in 1989 as Senior Medical Officer and became consultant in 1993, and is now professor. Currently he is also honorary professor in 3 medical universities in China. His main interest is in childhood leukaemia, palliative care and bioethics. He is the study chair for acute lymphoblastic leukaemia trials in Hong Kong and also local coordinators for several international multicenter studies. He introduced the new treatment methods for Hong Kong children including double unit umbilical cord blood transplantation, MIBG treatment for neuroblastoma. Dr. Li also actively involves in the development of paediatric oncology in mainland China. He had been vice-chairman of China Children Cancer Group, and vice-chairman of steering committee for three consecutive multi-center leukaemia studies in China. Internationally he is the Immediate Past-President of Asia Continent of International Society of Pediatric Oncology. He has published over 300 peer-reviewed papers, written chapters in 4 books and editor of one book. He also served as editors in medical journals including Pediatric Blood Cancer, Chinese Journal of Pediatrics, China Journal of Pediatric Hematology & Oncology.
Stem cell transplantation
Honorary Consultant, Departments of Paediatrics, Prince of Wales Hospital, and Hong Kong Children’s Hospital
Visiting Professor, Children’s Hospital of Fudan University, China
Adjunct Professor, Suzhou University, Suzhou, China
Visiting Professor, Qilu Children’s Hospital of Shangdong University
Member, Governing Committee, Hong Kong Red Cross Blood Transfusion Service, Hospital Authority.
Member, Public Complaints Committee, Hospital Authority, Hong Kong.
Chairman, Clinical Research Management Committee, CUHK-NTEC, Hospital Authority.
Board Member, Hong Kong Marrow Match Foundation.
Board member, Hong Kong Children’s Thalassaemia Foundation
Executive Board Member, International BFM Study Group (Childhood Leukemia )
Director of Subspecialty Board, Hong Kong College of Paediatricians
Member, Butterfly Children’s Hospice Foundation, Hong Kong.
Member, Governing Committee, Children’s Palliative Care Foundation, Hong Kong.
Member, Barristers Disciplinary Tribunal Panel, Hong Kong.
Selected Publications: (over 300 peer-reviewed papers)
1. Cheng FWT, Li BS, Lam GKS, Hon KL, Joynt G, Li CK. Management of cytokine release syndrome after chimeric antigen T-cell therapy for paediatric relapsed/refractory acute lymphoblastic leukaemia: a case report. Hong Kong Medical Journal, 2020; 26:532-534.
2. Feng JH, Cheng FWT, Leung AWK, Lee V, Yeung EWM, Lam HC, Cheung J, Lam GSK, Chow TTW, Yan CLS, Li CK. Upfront consolidation treatment with 131I-mIBG followed by myeloablative chemotherapy and hematopoietic stem cell transplantation in high-risk neuroblastoma. Pediatric Investigation, 2020; 4(3):168-177, doi.org/10.1002/ped4.12216
3. Shen S, Chen X, Cai J, Yu J, Gao J, Hu S, Zhai X, Liang C, Ju X, Jiang H, Jin R, Wu X, Wang N, Tian X, Pan K, Jiang H, Sun L, Fang Y, Li CK, Hu Q, Yang M, Zhu Y, Zhang H, Li C, Pei D, Jeha S, Yang JJ, Cheng C, Tang J, Zhu X, Pui CH. Effect of Dasatinib vs Imatinib in the Treatment of Pediatric Philadelphia Chromosome-Positive Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia: A Randomized Clinical Trial. JAMA Oncol. 2020 Jan 16. doi: 10.1001/jamaoncol.2019.5868.
4. Zhu Y, Yang R, Cai J, Yu J, Tang Y, Chen Y, Wang N, He H, Wu X, Cheng FWT, Sun L, He Y, Ju X, Tian X, Hu Q, Jin R, Pan K, Fang Y, Zhai X, Jiang H, Li CK. Septicemia after chemotherapy for childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemia in China: A multicenter study CCCG-ALL-2015. Cancer Med, 2020 Jan 28. doi: 10.1002/cam4.2889.
5. Leung KT, Zhang C, Chan KYY, Li K, Cheung JTK, Ng MHL, Zhang XB, Sit T, Lee WYW, Kang W, To KF, Yu JWS, Man TKF, Wang H, Tsang KS, Cheng FWT, Lam GKS, Chow TW, Leung AWK, Leung TF, Yuen PMP, Ng PC, Li CK. CD9 blockade suppresses disease progression of high-risk pediatric B-cell precursor acute lymphoblastic leukemia and enhances chemosensitivity. Leukemia, 2020; 34:709-720.
6. Pieters R, De Lorenzo P, Ancliffe P, Aversa LA, Brethon B, Biondi A, Campbell M, Escherich G, Ferster A, Gardner RA, Kotecha RS, Lausen B, Li CK, Locatelli F, Attarbaschi A, Peters C, Rubnitz JE, Silverman LB, Stary J, Szczepanski T, Vora A, Schrappe M, Valsecchi MG. Outcome of Infants Younger Than 1 Year With Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia Treated With the Interfant-06 Protocol: Results From an International Phase III Randomized Study. J Clin Oncol. 2019 Sep 1;37(25):2246-2256.
7. Biondi A, Cario G, De Lorenzo P, Castor A, Conter V, Leoni V, Gandemer V, Pieters R, Stary J, Escherich G, Campbell M, Attarbaschi A, Li CK, Vora A, Bradtke J, Saha V, Valsecchi MG, Schrappe M. Long-term follow up of pediatric Philadelphia positive acute lymphoblastic leukemia treated with the EsPhALL2004 study: high white blood cell count at diagnosis is the strongest prognostic factor. Haematologica. 2019 Jan;104(1):e13-e16.
8. Lund TC, Ahn KW, Tecca HR, Hilgers MV, Abdel-Azim H, Abraham A, Diaz MA, Badawy SM, Broglie L, Brown V, Dvorak CC, Gonzalez-Vicent M, Hashem H, Hayashi RJ, Jacobsohn DA, Kent MW, Li CK, Margossian SP, Martin PL, Mehta P, Myers K, Olsson R, Page K, Pulsipher MA, Shaw PJ, Smith AR, Triplett BM, Verneris MR, Eapen M. Outcomes After Second Hematopoietic Cell Transplantation in Children and Young Adults with Relapsed Acute Leukemia. Biol Blood Marrow Transplant. 2019, 25:301-306.
9. Cui L, Li ZG, Chai YH, Yu J, Gao J, Zhu XF, Jin RM, Shi XD, Zhang LP, Gao YJ, Zhang RD, Zheng HY, Hu SY, Cui YH, Zhu YP, Zou Y, Ng MHL, Xiao Y, Li JH, Zhang YH, He HL, Xian Y, Wang TY, Li CK, Wu MY; Chinese Children Leukemia Group(CCLG). Outcome of children with newly diagnosed acute lymphoblastic leukemia treated with CCLG-ALL 2008: The first nation-wide prospective multicenter study in China. Am J Hematol. 2018 Apr 20. doi: 10.1002/ajh.25124.
10. Biondi A, Gandemer V, De Lorenzo P, Cario G, Campbell M, Castor A, Pieters R, Baruchel A, Vora A, Leoni V, Stary J, Escherich G, Li CK, Cazzaniga G, Cavé H, Bradtke J, Conter V, Saha V, Schrappe M, Grazia Valsecchi M. Imatinib treatment of paediatric Philadelphia chromosome-positive acute lymphoblastic leukaemia (EsPhALL2010): a prospective, intergroup, open-label, single-arm clinical trial. Lancet Haematol, 2018 Dec;5(12):e641-e652.